Friday, August 04, 2006

YIPEE - One for me!

Rainy mornings make a good excuse for crocheting instead of running errands. As a result, the travel bag is complete (one less WIP!) I cannot wait to use it so I'll soon be filling it with a book and my current lapghan for Project Linus to sustain me during allergy testing later today. I decided not to use a lining as the pattern recommends since I'm not planning on putting anything small that might fall through inside it. (Hopefully this will be a successful deviation from the pattern. :-D) I suspect that since I had so much fun with the first one there will be more of these in my future. Well, let's be honest, I'll probably play around with the pattern a bit just for fun! Anyway, here's that Project Linus lapghan:


I LOVE the yarn colors (Red Heart Super Saver - Monet) and the texture created by this pattern! It is also working out perfectly in terms of yarn usage. I have only a little bit left on the first skein and I am exactly half way through the square that will be the final shape for this lapghan. I'm thinking the border will probably need to be pretty plain to show off the textured stitch. If anyone has an idea for the border design or color, I'd love some input. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the stitch pattern for this. I tried to recreate it by guessing, but I think I must be missing something. Could you share how this swatch is made? Thank you?