Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Perhaps...

Perhaps I have found a color for the "Bed of Roses" blanket that will fit in with the color scheme of my home. I could not find a good picture of this color (even on the Coats and Clark web site!) so this is the best I could do. It is called Lt. Periwinkle and depending on the light can appear blue or purple. These btw are my two favorite colors! I'm going to try a few squares this evening and see how it goes. Check back tomorrow for pics.

Perhaps I will have not only a scarf from the Shaker Homespun, but also a hat! It turned out that the scarf took less than the entire skein so I'm trying out one of the Yarn Harlot's hat formulas. The hat is created flat to the height of the hand plus two inches. It looks small to my untrained eye, however, I'm putting my trust in the Harlot. The hat as pictured here is about 1/3 of the way to its final length. Has anyone out there tried this method? Got any tips for me?

No comments: