Friday, August 11, 2006

Presto Chango!

Viola! Two small balls of Homespun, courtesy of the generous Amanda, transformed in less than 24 hours into a lovely ridged scarf! This is only the second time I've worked with Homespun and I'm really pleased with the results. It is soft, snuggly, and my favorite colors.

I must say this yarn is not for the faint of heart as most stitches were placed not by sight, but by where I knew the stitch SHOULD BE. It is so fuzzy you cannot see the stitches. I guess we could call it the Intuitive Method of crochet! I am now looking forward to the cooler weather so that I can wear this. (Although, the air conditioning was turned up so high at my friends' house last night that I had a good excuse to wear it for a while.) Thank you Amanda!

5 comments:

StarKnits said...

wow it's great! i love the color.

Xia Diaz said...

It's gorgeous! I really love it.

Gina House said...

Great scarf!!! See ya Wed?

Lapdog Creations said...

LOVE the scarf -- gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Indeed...that's an awesome scarf!! I love it!

As for the banner....I'm so sorry in only replying now....I put it right below the first line....it starts with DOCTYPE....bla bla bla". It took me quite a few to finally get it right.