Friday, August 25, 2006

Aaargh!

So, yesterday I went yarn shopping with joy in my heart that I could begin working in earnest on the Blanket of Roses. To my dismay AC Moore has stopped carrying the Lt. Periwinkle! Not to give up too easily, I went to Michaels. They didn't have any either. Aaargh! Checking the web it seems this color is still available and I may end up having to order it by mail (any suggestions for a reliable & reasonable online yarn store that carries Red Heart Super Saver?). This Caron Simply Soft in Berry Blue, is a possible alternative which I will try at some point today. It doesn't have as much body as the Red Heart so I'm a bit dubious... However, I'm also not taking any chances that this yarn color will disappear too. I bought enough to make the entire blanket plus one extra skein. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Gina House said...

This yarn looks good....the two squares are awesome and I wish you LOTS of luck finding the yarn you need!