Saturday, November 10, 2007

Modified Moss Afghan - Pattern

Yawn. So, what do you do when it is 6am on an Saturday morning and your plans don't begin until noon? Why you take pictures and wash swatches of course!


At long last here it is, the finished afghan sans blocking.


And a close up of the stitches...

Why sans blocking? Well, when it was done and I climbed underneath, I discovered with just a little gentle pull the afghan would tuck under my feet and tuck under my chin! I'm thinking the weight of the finished piece and simple use will stretch it enough without blocking. =-D

Can I just tell you how happy it makes me to glance around my living room and see something beautiful that came from the work of my hands? Priceless!


Pattern

10 skeins of Universal Deluxe Worsted LP color 09

Hook US I/9 (5.50 mm)

Foundation: Chain 130.

Row 1 (sc then dc) in 3rd ch from hook, *sk 1 chain, sc then dc in next ch* repeat to end. Turn, ch 2.

Row 2 in each sc across work a sc then a dc (you skip over the dc).

Repeat Row 2 until you run out of yarn! =-D

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful! And exactly according to my mother's recipe for a successful afghan: be it of whatever pattern or yarn, it should cover the feet and go up to the chin.

Which makes for a ton of knitting at my house, because my kids are TALL (I'm not!) 6'9" on down.

Gigi said...

LOL Thank goodness I'm only 5'4!

yarnslinger said...

It's gorgeous!! I am loving the colors and the way it worked up...I'm glad you took the time to make something nice for yourself!

YawnOver said...

Congratulations! Looks great :)

Becca said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! GORgeous!!!

and heh. you're 5' 4"...i'd fit perfectly under it then 'cuz i'm only 4' 11". ;)

wish i could be home to see it in person - say hi to everybody for me!

Anonymous said...

It's lovely!

Jackie said...

It's beautiful! I love the colors so much. I'm glad you're happy with it.

Anonymous said...

That's gorgeous :) You did wonderful work.

Gina House said...

OMG!! Look at that!!!! I'm dying! Will you make me one?? (only joking) It came out so beautiful! Great job, as always ; )

Lora said...

boy you sure did treat yourself!! It's beautiful!! I like the colors too.

Tiffany said...

I found this pattern via Ravelry and it has to be my new favorite pattern. Thank you for sharing it! It works up so fast and easy and looks beautiful. I'm using it for a couple of baby blankets for friends and having so much fun with it! I'm using solid colors and it has this wonderful puffy look without the work of making bobbles. I LOVE it!

Sarah K said...

I just found a link to this pattern on Ravelry, and I love it! I'm using the stitch pattern to make afghan blocks, and it works up great in a solid color.

Anonymous said...

I'm a novice crocheter and am using this to make a baby blanket... Love the results, it looks lovely in two shades of green! Thanks for sharing!

Christina Walton said...

hello! I found your pattern while looking for afghan blanket patterns, I was wondering is this just a swatch, or is this a pattern for an entire blanket? if it's a complete blanket, do you know what size it is?


Thank you,
Cwalton27

Unknown said...

I just started this project and I love the look! I know what my 2021 gift giving looks like.

Catblue said...

I love this blanket. This has become my favorite stitch. I have made handbags, kimonos, and handbags and ponchos using this stitch. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I'm also curious how large it will be, using 10 skeins of yarn.

Unknown said...

I'm also curious how large it will be, using 10 skeins of yarn.