Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Tagged!

O.K. Gina so you tagged me for seven "songs", but didn't specify any categorization. Therefore, I am going to go for variety. So here goes (there is a link to the actual music whenever I could find one):

1) Since the holidays are coming AND I just got tickets to see George Winston in concert (finally!) my first pick is "The Holly and the Ivy" from the album December. I love piano music and this one is particularly dear because I sang it in college choir so often find myself humming along.

2) Pink Floyd's "High Hopes" from The Division Bell. There is something about that ringing bell in this song that I really like.

3) I am currently obsessively listening to "The Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall. The melody to this one sticks with you. You've been warned!

4) A perennial favorite is "If I Had a Million Dollars" by the Bare Naked Ladies. I was driving when I first heard this, thoroughly enjoyed the clever lyrics then LOL when I heard the ending. It was like, duh, of course!

5) Natalie Cole's "Better Than Anything" from Music That Makes Me Dance - This one makes me laugh because of the ending which debates whether shopping is better than love! Any thoughts ladies?

6) Josh Groban's "Oceano" from his album Closer. So soothing!

7) Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire" off of the album Storm Front. It caught my attention when it first came out and I continue to be impressed by his ability to recite that long list of significant historical events and people. This is one song you must listen to closely! Searching for the music I found this fascinating web site that has links to all the things mentioned in the song.

There are so many others but that's my list for now. Stitch Witch, Vickie, and Kat with a K consider yourselves TAGGED!

No comments: