Monday, September 25, 2006

I Won? Sort of (The Boston Knit Out and Crochet Too)

The early bird gets the goodies! Little did I know when planning to go to the Boston Knit Out and Crochet Too there would be freebies. What yarn addict doesn't love free stuff? Take a gander! We made the rounds of all the tables and ended up with lots of free yarn, coupons (not pictured), and a book signed by the author! Next stop was the fastest knitter contest. Neither of the ladies with me would give it a go BUT challenged me to try the fastest crochet contest. I know I'm not fast. Nevertheless I was there to have a good time. I'm somewhere in this picture of concentrating crocheters...
Get a load of the variety of postures. Looking at the pictures made me LOL to see how twisted around we crocheters became as we worked! And the surprising news...I WON! Well, I was declared the winner beating out one other crocheter by a mere half a stitch (we were doing double crochet). However, after recovering from shock and composing a smile for a photograph it was discovered there was a woman on the other end who had done another entire row! I was prepared to give back my lovely prize. Luckily, there was another one available so I got to keep it. Look!

According to the tag this beauty is from Lantern Moon. I'm hoping to find time to move my stuff over soon.

We stayed to enjoy a fashion show and the key note. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the fashion show. It sounded a bit hokey, but was fun. The variety of items paraded around the Common was fascinating. Some were daunting and awe inspiring in their complexity and color work.

Before leaving we headed to Windsor Button. I don't think any of us could bear having looked at all that yummy yarn/FOs and leave without some. I think I've reached blogger's limit so a picture of the Artyarn tomorrow!

Happy Stitching from the (almost) Fastest Hooker at the Boston Knit Out and Crochet Too! :-D

3 comments:

Jen said...

Well, you were still in the top two, so I think that counts!

I had hoped to go to the Knit Out, but it seems like no one mentioned it on their blogs until just a day or two before, and I didn't have a prayer of planning anything that quickly. Maybe next year. :)

Lapdog Creations said...

Congrats on your top two place -- and that lovely stash of FREEBIES! You lucky girl!!!

Gina House said...

You LUCKY, LUCKY duck! Wow! You guys had a GREAT time. I'm so jealous! Make sure to bring your goodies to show on Wed! Take a look at my blog, too...