Saturday, January 03, 2009

Good Enough to Eat?

Given the presentation one might think so! Lime & Violet are to blame for this one by introducing me to LorabudKnits on Etsy.Generally, I can go take a peek on Etsy and resist. Such was not the case this time! This luscious lace weight is 700 yards of the Dark Turquoise colorway. The bright blue against the deep gray was just too much to resist. So, I guess this one was a holiday present to myself.

I'm thinking it will become another Crocus Bud Shawl. I might make it wider and shorter than the first one. However, thanks to Ravelry, I'm now going to have to swatch this stitch pattern and see how the colors play (Rav Link). If the gather as I think they will, this could be stunning!

Unfortunately for my desire to play with this yarn, there are quite a few projects that need to be done first! I can slip in some little ones like the hat below,

but not a full sized shawl... (that's my story and I'm sticking to it - LOL)

Have a nice weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Julie said...

The presentation of that yarn is just gorgeous!

Gina House said...

Beautiful picture - beautiful yarn!!!

Hey, how'd you get that Ravlery link button to your number of projects???