Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tah Dah!

Here are the pics I promised.

One lovely new scarf to match my new winter coat. I'm loving the curls for fringe, so fun! The left over yarn is slowly becoming a hat. If there is enough yarn left after making the hat I am tempted to add some spirals to the crown. =-DHere's that yarn I purchased for 25% of its regular price at the JCA sale. It is a lovely combination of blues and greys. I have NO idea what it will become. It was just too pretty to pass up!
This is the other yarn I could not resist. I LOVE red. It was 10 skeins of DK 100% Merino for only $20. Could you have passed it up?
I had not clue what this would become either, however, after buying the new Crochet Me book I'm thinking it might become this if I am brave enough! This sweater looks simple and like something I would wear. I'm considering altering the sleeves, though, by adding some lace so that I can raise my arms without revealing too much through the arm holes!

7 comments:

yarnophiliac said...

I love the curly-q's! Great yarns and that sweater would be fab.

Lora said...

cute scarf!! Oh you wild woman!! Thinking of putting curlies on your hat!! YOU GO GIRL!!! CURL AWAY!

Lapdog Creations said...

Great scarf.... and what a sale score you got there!

Gina House said...

OH, GIGI!!! That scarf is wonderful..and I adore the corkscrew fringe...so cute! Please bring it to GV so I can see it in person, okay? Miss seeing you!

Ginny said...

I bought a ton of the DK merino at JCA! I wrote to the manufacturer for more info and thought you might like to have their response. "... our art. 2205 - 100%wool basolan Nm 2,8 for hand knitting , on cake balls / 50 g . Regarding the meters / ball ~ 140 m ." Great sweater choice!

KnitOwl said...

OMG - 11" ! Don't you crocheters swatch and wash? Tease,tease.

Looks adorable. Let's see, the color I want is...

a friend to knit with said...

such a great scarf gigi!
love curlys!!!