Saturday, October 27, 2007

Catching Up on Crochet

So before Rhinebeck I was working on turning Very Berry from Sereknity into a scarf to match my new winter coat. Here's the swatch I was off to create when last we talked of this: I added a diamond repeat and it worked up very quickly. However, this pattern just did nothing to show off the yarn. It has been frogged. After many, many false starts like this I may have the answer:

With thanks to my Harmony Guide and the Crosshatch Stitch I, these little diamond allow the colors to pool. In person it is more textured dimpling forward and back with the alternating diamonds. It is quite fetching. My only problem is that the tension is not even so the sides are bowing. I'm trying to decide if I should block what I've done so far to see if it fixes the problem or just restart the pattern now that it is familiar. While I cogitate, I've started the second scarf for my new coat:

This is the Lace and Spiral scarf from Ruthie's Easy Crocheted Scarfs which is working up very quickly. The yarn is Lamb's Pride Worsted 85% wool/15% mohair. It will certainly be warm despite the openness of the pattern!

And last but not least, an FO. This wash cloth was begun ages ago on a night when I needed something simple to work. I didn't realize it was languishing in one of my project bags until I came across it the other day and finished the border. Now it is done!
Coming soon...goodies from the JCA sale!

Oh, and BTW I also fell down and went boom for this today in Sereknity's Etsy Shop. Oh such yarny goodness just cannot be resisted!

3 comments:

Gina House said...

Love the washcloth! And that pattern shows off the yarn MUCH better. Good choice. That new scarf pattern looks very lovely. Can't wait to see it on you!

Lapdog Creations said...

Oh, you scooped up another gorgeous colorway from heather!
The new scarf looks beautiful!

YawnOver said...

Love the scarves. The diamonds are cool, and I really love the pattern on that black one :)