First, is the Healing Shawl from Annie's Attic pamphlet Quick-to-Stitch Prayer Shawls is done. You might recognize this as the exercise project from the last post. The yarn is Caron Simply soft in Country Blue. I had a bit shy of two skeins on hand that I wanted to use up and it worked beautifully once I went up a hook size (to an H).
I was in the home stretch of doing the edging when I realized there was a small problem. Not enough yarn. I ran out with a mere 4 inches of edging left to go! So, a few modifications, some ripping back, and I finished the edge with yarn to spare. The results are lovely. No one would ever know I "cheated". Since it is a little too small for my tastes, it is going into the charity stockpile. I'm certain the right recipient will turn up!
Next up is the Boteh Scarf from Interweave Crochet Spring 2007. If you have made this you might be able to tell I changed it up a bit to accommodate a worsted weight yarn. Yes, folks I was determined to use at least some of the Wool of the Andes yarn I had purchased for my ISE6 project to produce a scarf for my pal. Changes: I reduced the number of cast on stitches so that the first row was only 8 stitches long (effectively cutting the number of stitches in the scarf in half as the original pattern called for 15 stitches). It worked beautifully and worked up even faster. I will certainly do this again, but a word of caution. It is easy to "turn" the segments in an odd direction if you aren't paying attention so check the work as you go. A little soak in hair conditioner to soften and away it went into the mail with the rest of the goodies.
Last, but certainly not least, is a baby blanket. I scrapped the first blanket as the body was a bit too stiff (I will admit my gauge was off, but I think I'd still like more drape). I'll try the pattern again but go up a hook size or two. In the mean time I started a simple granny blanket using the softly shaded yarn. Yardage issues again. I did not want to open the second skein knowing there would be yarn left over. So now it will have a few rounds of yellow which will be
followed by a green border. The result should be a blankie the right size for covering baby in the car seat.
I think that's all for now as long as you don't ask me how many projects I have on the hook or in the planning stage... =-D