Sunday, December 28, 2008

Keeping Warm

So, Friday at "knit night" I was sitting next to Mary who was making a beautiful set of hand warmers she had designed. I think that might be the reason I got so excited when I saw these beauties. This free pattern works up quickly and has great stretch! Just enough to keep my hands warm and in crochet trim!
Note: used H hook instead of G

Why is this so important, you might ask? The holidays are mostly over. Well, there will be a new baby in the family come February. Plenty of time to make a warm blankie you say? Ha! I got an invitation to the baby shower and it is much sooner than expected. MUCH sooner.

As a result, I've been crocheting like mad because I know better than to wait until the last minute. Progress has been good. (Sorry, no pics yet...) The center section probably needs 4 to 6 more rows. That's the easy part.

The hard part? The border is twelve rounds! Yes, you read that correctly. I spent part of last night mapping out the numbers to see if I had the right count to make the border work.Not surprisingly I don't. That's what happens when one changes the gauge. I'll either have 8 stitches left over or need to add in 6 more. Luckily, I think this will be fairly easy to adjust. Now, I just have to figure out how many stitches to place on the sides for the first round to make their numbers work... back to the math!

1 comment:

Gina House said...

Very nice! Looks like just your style : )