Thursday, November 06, 2008

It Followed Me Home...Really!

It was a dark and mild Halloween night, when suddenly my plans went awry. Partying in a LYS is just too good to pass up. Would you? I figured I would eat, drink, be merry, and crochet the night away. Horror movies and outstanding company, what could be better? I'm saving my yarn budget for a little get away this weekend, but who could resist a yarn named Purple People Eater on Halloween? Especially, when the LYS decides to celebrate the holiday with a discount?
Heather of Sereknity (Etsy Shop) has done it again with a bright purple (sorry the picture doesn't do it justice) with little touches of blue. My colors? OH YEAH! This fiber blend is known as Good Harbor which is 70% superwash merino and 30% seacell. It has such a lovely sheen and soft hand. I see another shawl in my future!

Speaking of...

I have started working on the Pampilles shawl (Ravelry Link) with some yarn that followed me home from a different LYS. They are moving and clearing some inventory...yum!

L to R:
1) J-Knits Superwash Me - Light Sock in Louisiana colorway
2) Classic Elite Yarns Alapca Sox in a dark grey (3 skeins)
3) The Great Adirondack Yarn Company Soxie in the Beach House colorway (2 skeins, but not for me!)
This will shortly be "do over v2.0". See the lead edge? That angle that starts in the middle and drops away. Um, not quite right. It should be straight! I'm working from a diagram only as the original pattern is in French. I need to change the edge and see if it comes out a bit straighter. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Hélène said...

Hello,

I hope you'll find the right method to crochet "Pampilles". I made two shawls with the diagram I've created, and the borders are straight.
Sometimes, the look changes when you have made a sufficient numbers of rows... and with a serious blocking, which is really usefull for all crocheted shawls.

See you.

Gina House said...

Very beautiful! I truly like your "French" lace -looks just like spider web. And your new stash is yummy- perfect colors for you ; )

Anonymous said...

Have you started on the Sereknity shawl yet? I want to make one in Cowgirl!