Monday, August 11, 2008

Hmmmm, Not Quite

So, I've been thinking for a while now that I'd like to try working with mohair. The yarn goddesses delivered. This wonderful yarn is Artyarns Silk Mohair Glitter which I picked up at 50% off! Yummy. (The close up is a better reflection of the color.)
So, thinking that the silk etc. would make the mohair easier to frog I set off on my plan of making an offset fillet crochet wrap. Hmmm. It is easier to frog. It did work. But, the color looks much darker once worked so the wrap looses the ethereal quality I was looking for...
(NOTE: Nothing I did could get this to look as dark as it actually is!)

So, now I am looking at Lily Chin's Knit and Crochet with Beads which has a wrap with the lighter look I want. The local library does not carry the sucker so I may go to the local book store with yarn in hand to give it a go sans beads... Wish me luck!

3 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

i don't know what to tell you. i do LOVE the color.
and with beads! that sounds fabulous. good luck!!

Anonymous said...

That yarn is beautiful! Good luck with adding beads. :-)

Gina House said...

Oh, my...oh, my....please take it to knitting tomorrow so I can fondle and soak up the pink-ish energy. That yarn is gorgeous!!!