Sunday, November 18, 2007

Maturation

O.K. so I've had a "stash" for quite some time. What crocheter doesn't, right? It reflected my current interests, then stretched to include yarn I just had to have. Over time, I've developed a section where beautiful yarns just stare at me saying, "What will I be? When will you crochet me?" I haven't a clue! I do, however, sigh over their lusciousness occasionally.

Friday I had a realization. My stash is officially mature. How do I know? Well, the last three projects I've started have all been worked with stash yarn! I saw the pattern for the Olde Peddler Shawl on Ravelry and thought, "Perfect! I've got some pretty lace weight that will work." Then there was the skein of Berry Blast from Sereknity that was the perfect match for my new winter coat. However, I didn't quite realize yet that there had been a change in my usage until I went "shopping" in my stash for yarn to make this:

Yarn I didn't remember was in the stash. Yarn that was just what, according to those on Ravelry who have made this blanket, I needed. It was even the right color. The down side? I need to reorganize my stash (again) because it no longer fits in its corner of my closet! LOL The up side? I'm making room by using up some of the yarn that has been residing there. Maybe it is time to give away some more acrylic to charity...

3 comments:

yarnophiliac said...

So what is it? what is this wondrous yarn of which you speak??

Elisa said...

Oh yeah, all my old acrylic went to charity. Life is too short to crochet with scratchy yarn.

I'm with yarnophilic - what is that perfect yarn? And what's the project? I *love* Ravelry!

Gina House said...

I give TWO THUMBS up for giving that acrylic away. I mean, what other yarn do you need besides Heather's? LOL! I've missed you the past couple weeks!