Thursday, August 02, 2007

Destashing Snuggles

Five skeins (or partial skeins) and three snuggles! The bottom right was my return to the ripple pattern. I have tried it in the past and found the depth of the v's that compose the ripple didn't stay crisp so that the far end was much straighter than the starting end. This one, however, doesn't have the problem. What did I do differently? This is bulky yarn! So, I concluded that to keep a sharp "v" the hook needs to be the right size for the yarn or one size smaller. I'll have to try some more ripples to see if my theory holds up!

3 comments:

Lora said...

That ripples one is pretty!!!

Lapdog Creations said...

Love them... and so love that you do so many snuggles!!! I've got to get started on some and I think I may do a contest on my blog involving my fundraising for the ASPCA and snuggles, so keep a watch!!! ;-) I'd like to start sending snuggles home with each of my foster doggies when they get adopted but know I don't have the time to knit a tun that fast....

Gina House said...

I'm still in love with the circle ones. If you're ever bored, you can knit me one for my bed. The blue one is my favorite. LOL!