Friday, June 22, 2007

Peheenah Spies with Her Little Eyes

What do I spy with my little eyes?"Breathtaking" yarn from Spunky Eclectic! *

A cup for tea!**

More Yarn (this time alpaca)! ***


* This is 420 yards of fingering weight superwash wool that I have been drooling over for months. I waited too long to purchase it as it was gone when I finally decided. Gina to the rescue! She and a bunch of our knitting buds went to visit Spunky not so long ago and got me this skein. Yippee! What will this become? I don't know. For now I'll just admire it and wait for it to speak to me.

**This little number came from my visit to Pickity Place. In the six years I have been going there I have managed to not purchase anything but candy. This year I made up for it! A unique birthday present, this cup, and some bath oil all gleaned from the two (yes two) gift shops.

I've seen these cups before, but the patterns have never spoken to me. I couldn't resist this one. (Does vacation make one weak?) You see, I really like herbal teas and many of them come loose or in bags with no string. I'm tired of trying to clean tea balls or fishing a droopy bag out of the water. No more. Easy clean up and a nice lid/coaster so that the water doesn't cool off to much while steeping. Lucky me! Oh, and as for the food. Outstanding as usual. The flower/herb gardens were in full bloom. We sat under one of the shade trees, took in the view, and chatted for hours! Truly a good time.

***Once upon a time this yarn was used for my second attempt at a pi shawl in crochet. Unfortunately, the best laid plans of this crocheter just did not pan out. I frogged it some time back and stuck it in the stash. It will so be resurrected for another shawl (well, a stole actually). I post the swatch when it is ready!

3 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

I'm glad you treated yourself, good for you!

Hope things are going well now that school is out.

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lapdog Creations said...

I've been eyeing some mugs like that myself, but have yet to buy one. They have travel mugs with the built in stepping things too!