Saturday, June 23, 2007

FO - My First Felted Bag at Long Last

Back in late April I purchased the spring edition of Interweave Crochet and immediately fell in love with the little (8 inch tall) On-the-Go Bags. A trip to the local yarn store's sale loft provided the wool and I was off and running! It has been languishing, completed crocheted, for at least the last month. Finally, with a visit to a nearby friend with a top load washer I now have... THIS! Close Up

Specs:

The shading is not quite as subtle as it appears in the pictures.
85% Wool 15% Mohair (It is soft and has a slight halo!)
8 inches tall uncinched, 7 1/2 inches cinched
Rattail Cord, Black by Morex Corp.
Dritz Cord Stop

I cannot wait to use this! It will fit my wallet, cell phone, keys, and a few essentials when I want to go exploring without a big bag. Oh, and in flash of insight...

I realized the rattail was nylon and, therefore, could be melted to prevent unraveling. That's when it hit me. The knots. Melt the knots. Why? Well, a melted knot will NEVER come untied! Hope you are enjoying your weekend. I'm off to count granny squares...

5 comments:

Gina House said...

Fantastic bag!!! I love the fuzziness and the color!

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lapdog Creations said...

I LOVE that bag... and the color too!

NH Knitting Mama said...

Great bag! Your blanket in the next post looks nice, too... great work.

Anonymous said...

I made one of these lil' bags, too. It's a great pattern. I really like how yours turned out. Great job!