Monday, January 15, 2007

Books at Hand

So I was over at Stitchwitch's blog and saw this meme. Since I am a serious book addict (probably explains how I ended up teaching English and working part time in a book store) I couldn't resist giving it a go. Here's how it works:

1) Grab the nearest book and record the name and author.
2) Turn to page 123 of the book and go to the 5th sentence. Record the next 3 sentences. Voila, you're done!

Turning to my left the first book I can touch on the bookshelf is Daughter of the Blood by Anne Bishop. And here's the quote:

"He was home. He'd never liked Draega, never liked the tall stone buildings that shouldered against one another, blocking out the sun, never liked the concrete roads and concrete sidewalks with the stunted, dusty trees growing out of circular patches of earth cut out of the concrete. Oh, there were a thousand things to do here: theaters, music halls, museums, places to dine. All the things a long-lived, arrogant, useless people needed to fill the empty hours."

O.K. so I added a fourth sentence so the thought would be more complete but, you can see one of the reasons I like to read fantasy. Pure escapism aside, the imagery is generally wonderful!

Anyone who wants to give this a go....TAG your it! =-D

No comments: